http://resg.info/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/000-RESG-Final-Anton-300b.png 0 0 Anton Stetner http://resg.info/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/000-RESG-Final-Anton-300b.png Anton Stetner2012-11-07 07:49:002012-11-07 07:49:00What Makes A Good City Great?
What Makes A Good City Great?
Voted as one of the top ten best places to live by Money Magazine, Redmond, WA enjoys a low crime rate, beautiful neighborhoods and schools that are the envy of the state. But what makes a good city great? And how does a city make it onto the list of the best places to live?
- Low crime rate. One of the most important factors in determining the livability of a city is the how vulnerable citizens are to crime. Low crime rates and a strong, but friendly police force improve the quality of life for residents.
- Robust business sector. Job hiring and the involvement of business in developing the city is an important factor in improving the municipality’s appeal to residents. Cities that have low unemployment and a friendly business environment are more likely be perceived as a great place to live.
- Strong housing market. Stable housing prices with rising values attract future residents. And cities that have ongoing housing developments for all income levels are more likely to find themselves counted amongst the top cities in the nation.
- Leisure activities that are diverse and plentiful. Cities with a vibrant nightlife, museums, libraries, art galleries, theatres and other recreational facilities are far more attractive to potential residents. Throw in nearby nature preserves and you’ve got a city that has the potential to attract even the most discerning residents.
- Strong educational system. Before purchasing a home, potential residents want to know that the public school system is better than average. Since avoiding private school costs is optimal, homebuyers might avoid cities that have a poor school system.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!