What You Need To Know About Earthquake Insurance

What you need to know about Earthquake InsuranceWhat is earthquake insurance?

It provides coverage if your Washington State home is damaged by an earthquake. Your standard homeowner and renters policies will not cover earthquake damage. Earthquake insurance is a separate endorsement you must buy and add to your homeowner or renters policy. An earthquake endorsement generally excludes damages or losses from floods and tidal waves – even when caused or compounded by an earthquake. However, if you experience a loss due to a landslide, settlement, mudflow, or the rising, sinking and contracting of earth, your endorsement may cover it if the damage resulted from an earthquake. Read more